Monday, January 28, 2008

Too Cold to Exercise?

Yes, Yes as a matter of fact - it IS too damn cold! Actually I ran across this article in the New York Times today... "Too Cold to Exercise?" that mainly talks about different myths about cold weather and exercise. (I spend way too much time on the internet when Evan is out of town) Funny to learn that more people get injured in a warm environment vs a cold one. Also the cold air doesn't actually hurt your lungs at all; what irritates our lungs is DRY air. Anyway its an interesting article to check out if you have time. Will it make me actually go outside to exercise? That would be a resounding NO - I still think its too dang cold; and besides I have an elliptical runner in my house. But I might bug Evan to go running though ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah you just might :P