Sunday, February 3, 2008

You NEED a website people!

I am a firm believer in the fact that - if you care about your business, you will have a website to help promote it. I obviously use the internet quite a bit and I think many people of my generation use it frequently as well. Now that my generation has become an economic force I believe businesses should cater to the fact that we use the internet! For instance, if I see an advertisement for a business, I immediately look for its website to learn more about it, its pricing, etc to make sure its the business I want to use before I waste time going there - or shoot even calling. I was extremely annoyed yesterday when of course I saw a beautiful ad in the paper for a certain business and it had no website. As a matter of fact, of this certain type of business, NONE had a website. However, if one HAD one I would use that business solely for the fact that I see that they care enough to spend some time promoting themselves on the internet. I have actually chosen businesses with websites over other quite a few times. I don't understand WHY they wont chose to do this - when it is so easy. It doesn't have to be fancy - it can even be in a blog form for all i care (which is very easy to do). I even used a salon/spa who promoted themselves on MYSPACE over going to some others in my area. So c'mon people - YOU NEED A WEBSITE. Get on board; my internet junkie generation is starting to make some big money - and i believe businesses with internet promotion will get it....

No comments: