Saturday, March 8, 2008

Hemingway Cats



So as you may know our beautiful cat Sweetpea is Hemingway cat. I have been surprised by how many people in the northwest have never heard of this kind of cat. But then again I am from Florida, where they are much more abundant. You can read more about hemingway cats and their origination from the hemingway home and museum website here. It is a great description of the beginnings of Hemingway cats and describes some other cats they have there in key west. Fun to peruse...and you may learn the answers to some future trivia questions!

look at my belly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erica has an orangish Hemmingway. She named it Big Foot. He's such a "chill" cat. There's a baby pic of him back when she first got it on my myspace page (I think in the left slideshow).