Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dad


My birth father, Roy McPherson, passed away from a heart attack on sunday night. Some of you know he had been having heart problems, and I saw him about 6 weeks ago during his last scare in the hospital. Unfortunately, he could not be saved again. My parents divorced when I was very young, so he was not a big part of my life, but he was always there, always in touch, always wanting me to be happy. Some part of me regrets not knowing him better, having more memories of him and I together, but I know thats just the way life turned out. He was a good person, and seemed to give too much of himself, but then again thats what made him who he was. Ive decided not to go to his funeral and I feel okay about that decision. I know my dad would have understood.

3 comments:

Jim said...

Rest in peace, Roy. Live in peace, Cindy. -Jim

DragonLady said...

Sorry to hear of your loss Cindy. Hang in there.

Laura

Anonymous said...

test